I am sure that for all of you who have been to Ottawa before, this post will seem redundant but the four of us are in awe of our beautiful capital in all it's splendor.
We went to Costco for groceries this morning in Gatineau Quebec, our trip took us past all of the parliament buildings and consulates and such, the sheer beauty and regal presence of the city is overwhelming.
We are praying for a day free of rain so we can spend some time walking downtown taking pictures and touring the war museum and the mint. I was concerned that English only speaking people in Quebec might be shunned, but the nicest people by far we have met have been at the stores there, we are having fun trying to use our rudimentary french with poor results, it does however bring a smile to everyone's faces.
Dinner last night was at Dunn's a 24 hour deli within walking distance of the apartment, where Vic and I ate possibly the largest club sandwiches I have ever seen. So good.
Up today in hockey will be Latvia vs Slovakia at the Civic Centre, it will be our first game at that rink and from E-Mails I received from friends, our seats are remarkable!
Lori and Jessy, if you read this post please record the Lions game @ 1PM tomorrow, I would hate to miss that history making game.

3 comments:
The pictures looks awesome...what better place to watch team Canada? Sure beats watching virtual NHL 09 which has been playing on my big screen this afternoon! Don't worry, if the Meyers girls forget about taping the historic Lions game tomorrow, we'll have it on PVR because you know Jack will be watching every painful minute PS The poor Lions can't even win in the virtual world on Teo's new PS3.
the sights are beautiful, i personally don't remember ever visiting Ottawa, but i am sure veiwing the sight through your eyes will be spectacular, Have fun
Is this my OLDER sister, or brother in law? Either way thanks for the comments, we look forward, every morning to reading what people have written. We cannot have had more fun up until now. Much more too be had.
Post a Comment